We are always looking for new directors and designers to join our production teams.
Fill out the form below and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
Current Job Openings:
Position: Education Director
Reports to: Executive Director
On Pitch Performing Arts is in its 4th Season of producing Family entertainment as Layton’s ONLY Live Theatre. We are firm believers in the value of children’s theatre education and value this as one of our highest priorities.
OPPA! Mission Statement:
On Pitch Performing Arts Inc. exists to educate, entertain, and inspire children, adults and audiences with theatrical productions that range from musicals, plays, and new works; we train and support the next generation of theatre artists; we provide arts education programs that promote life-long learning; we promise to maintain a safe and diverse community; and we celebrate the power of theatre to bring together our community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Hire and supervise Education Department Personnel, including part-time teaching artists, and voice/lesson teachers; issue faculty work assignments and submit faculty payroll.
· Observe teaching artists in class and provide feedback.
· Working with the Executive Director, develop/Maintain an annual budget for Education Programs; Supervise show budgetary tracking and reporting, including current financial results and budget performance forecasting.
· Oversee OPPA! educational programs, including Semester classes, Education Outreach, Summer Season, Dance Classes and more.
· Start and run the Outreach program. Senior theatre, touring theatre, and free community theatre for schools.
· Oversee development of all educational curriculum at OPPA!.
· Assist with day-to-day administrative needs of the program, including talking to parents to assist with class selection, Resolve and troubleshoot student, parent and teacher problems or complaints.
· Assist with Education Programs marketing needs; writing class description copy for website and other marketing materials.
· Respond to requests for information, project proposals, etc.
· Help to develop and maintain mutually beneficial partnerships and cooperative relationships with other organizations.
· Represent OPPA! Education Programs at public and private events and meetings. This can include vendor fairs, chamber meetings, parades, etc.
· Teach/direct additional classes as schedule allows.
· Document OPPA!’s education programs through collection of participation data, photos, videos, and evaluation.
· Reach out to schools and organizations to identify and seek new program partners.
· Grant reporting for education programs as needed.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
· We are looking for someone with the administrative skill to manage complex projects and a deep commitment to theatre, education and OPPA! mission of reaching all the people in our community. Flexibility, vision, energy, a collaborative approach and patience are other important qualities for someone in this position. Theatre teaching artist experience.
Some useful specific skills and experience might include:
· Proficiency with Excel and database programs like arts people and jack rabbit.
· Detail oriented with excellent project management and supervisory skills.
· Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work with diverse personalities and workgroups including outside educational institutions and youth of all ages.
· Ability to lead through a lens of equity, cultural awareness, and sensitivity.
· The ability to develop and assess theatre education curriculum and concepts.
· Knowledge of developmental and education theory and the ways in which it interacts with theatre.
· Demonstrated skills in budgeting.
· Theatre degree preferred
Salary & Schedule:
Education Director is a part-time position with a salary of $24,000 per year.
Regular hours will be 28 hours per week usually Tuesday – Friday 12-7pm, with some adjustments or added hours as necessary for events, classes or shows. Possibility of full time in the future dependent on department growth.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following via email to Executive Director Brandon Stauffer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your last name and Education Director in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please. Position is open until filled.
· Cover Letter
· Resume including at least three professional references
OPPA!/PP is committed to diversity in the workforce and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in any employment decision on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, marital or veteran’s status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job. OPPA!/PP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Are you a theatre designer, director or stage manager?
Want to get involved?